Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our (not so) little bundle of joy & last class

Well, it's been a busy week for the Chronicles of Baby Hawes blog.

We had a doctor's appointment Monday and it seems Justin isn't so little! As of now he is already 7 pounds! He is supposed to gain 1/2 a pound per week so by the time my due date comes along he'll be close to 11 pounds! My doctor had me go in for an ultrasound yesterday to receive some fetal measurements. I was completely worried something was wrong with him, but it turns out he is just a big boy (hmmmm, hence why I look soooooooo huge maybe?!) By the pictures everything is looking good, but I have a feeling he may be a C-section baby and they might have to take him early. We don't know this for sure, but that is the impression I was getting from my doctor. We'll know more in the next 2 weeks and I will be sure to pass that information along. I am willing to try vaginal birth though (as painful as 11 pounds sounds) and see what happens. Time will tell of course!

Steven and I also graduated from Childbirth Education Class yesterday (applauses are welcomed!) We received a cute little certificate which we are going to proudly frame and hang by our diplomas and awards and such haha. Most of the class we talked about C-sections, life after bringing baby home, post-partum care and breastfeeding. All in all, we really enjoyed the class and got to meet some nice couples. We decided we are going to sign up for the infant care class and the Happiest Baby on the Block Class. As there is no instruction manual for raising kids we thought being prepared as much as we could couldn't hurt us!

No comments: