Wednesday, July 9, 2008

OB Appointment with Dr. Popp

Today we thought we were going to get a lot of answers surrounding Baby Justin and his arrival, but it has turned into more of a waiting game. :(

We'll start with some fun facts:
1.) I am measuring as if I am 44 weeks pregnant (which is impossible because they never let you get to 44 weeks pregnant)! So, I continue to grow at the rate of a Macy's Thanksgiving Day float!

2.) I am retaining more water than Niagara Falls and Justin's floating around in quite the waterpark! They don't know why and I have more blood work to get done this week. But, they say I am the size of a Macy's float due to much of it being fluid so that reassures me of my post baby weight-loss goals haha.

3.) Justin is doing just fine, he's just big....Did I mention we've nicknamed him Pudge already? :)

4.) I have a note cutting my hours from work in office, so we will see how that goes. My blood pressure was out of wack a little bit at today's appointment so between that, being "44 weeks pregnant" and the swelling in my feet and legs I've been told to rest.

5.) Finally, I have more blood work for the diabetes this week.

So, what does all this mean? Not much really. We start weekly visits and a lot is depending on how I feel week to week, if he decides to come early on his own and how my blood works comes out. The doctors did say I would have another ultrasound in 3 weeks and at that point we should have more of an idea if we are looking at inducing labor, trial labor or a c-section. So, to be continued! We'll keep you posted!

No comments: