Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How the tables were turned!

First, I should let everyone know I received some blood work results the other day and it seems I'm anemic. This means more medication and monitoring me! Yay! (If you know me, you can sense the sarcasm.) This does explain why I've been so tired and sluggish. Here I thought it was because I was pregnant. Obviously that had a little to do with it also, but these new iron pills should help me out a lot.

Second of all, Steven and I had our 3rd childbirth education class last night and you know how I thought he was going to freak out during the class and birthing films? Well, he turned out to be just fine and I am the one who freaked out. It wasn't the blood or hospital scenes that scared me (you know I want to be a nurse and LOVE blood, guts and watching surgeries and stuff). It was the fact it was all so real my mind started spinning. Not that the whole birthing process isn't a little scary, sure it is, but it made me question my abilities....Can I do this? Can I handle the pain? Am I going to be a good mother? Holy crap, I'm responsible for this little new life, I sure don't want to screw it up! So, I was pretty quiet all through class and when we got in the car on the way home Steven asked if I was ok and well, I looked at him and started bawling! Being the good sport he always is, he just hugged me because he knew better than to question anything during my pregnant freak out state of mind. Since I couldn't sleep last night as usual I did a lot of thinking throughout the night and I gave myself a pep talk. I'm hoping it worked, and I believe it did. I'm feeling much better today, still a little scared, but hey, that has to be normal.

Anyway-we're heading to Marquette for 4 much needed days off and spending it at Liz's wedding and relaxing. Hopefully getting to spend some time with my hubby in my favorite place in the world will help me ease my mind and renew my soul! I hope you all have a good weekend and we'll see you next post.

No comments: