Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marquette Wedding Weekend!

This past week has been very busy for us and Justin. This past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) we were up north in Marquette for our good friends Liz & Travis's wedding. I was standing as a bridesmaid in the wedding and the whole weekend was quite the adventure.

Thursday we were on our way up and Steven wasn't feeling so good. By the time we got half way there Steven had the full blown flu-fever, chills, nausea and all! He slept the entire time in the back seat and was completely miserable. :( Add to this we were both worried because I was locked in a car with him for 9+ hours getting there and we were crossing our fingers I didn't catch the crud! (So far so good that I'm feeling good!) As we got into Marquette was laid low for the evening. I got to eat BORDER GRILL, my favorite food in the world which left me in complete heaven! I checked in with the bride and visited her for awhile and finally Steven and I turned in pretty early for some sleep. We were a sad sight though. Between him being sick and me with the pregnancy back pain and ect we were pretty pathetic lol.

Friday, Steven was still sick, but we managed to get out and have a little fun. We spent the day on the lakeshore and visiting Presque Isle. We took a lot of picture and just hung out and enjoyed the beauty around us. We had lunch at Upfront & Co, another personal favorite and also where we had our wedding reception. In the evening we had the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (again, I got to have more BORDER GRILL-thank you Liz!) We had a great time and at the end of the night Steven and I ordered some amazing dessert from room service, and watched the Tigers play until we both feel asleep.

Saturday was wedding day and I was completely exhausted by the end of the evening. I had a ton of fun hanging out with my girls, but I must say I was bummed I could not partake in the party bus festivities :( All in all it was a great day and I am so happy for Liz and Trav! Steven was a real trooper and when we left the wedding a little early we stopped at our friends Mike and Tracy's hotel were we had a drink (Tracy and I have virgin daiquiris since we're both preggers) and caught up for a little bit. Steven and I headed back to our hotel and packed and ect.

Sunday we had breakfast with friends and headed home. SO, it may not have been the ideal weekend we were hoping for, but we had a great time none the less. And anytime we get to spend time together is pretty precious. We have absolutely nothing planned for July which I am actually excited for. The summer has been crazy busy so now we can concentrate on getting the house prepped for Justin! Only 8 more weeks!

No comments: