Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More pregnancy medical frustrations

We got a phone call from the doctor today and it turns out I more than likely have gestational diabetes (yay! not so much....) I have a doctor's appointment next week along with a string of blood work. I keep blaming myself that I've done something wrong but the doctors, my family and Steven keep assuring me I am doing everything I can to keep me and Justin healthy. Considering my mom is diabetic it very well could be hereditary, and apparently after the pregnancy is over it should go away. It looks like a very strict diet is in my future, so be kind to me and don't tease me with invitations to go out to eat or offer me that slice of pizza at the office. :)

The doctor also received Justin's ultrasound results and yes, he definately is a big boy and I also have a lot of extra fluid in my uterus. I'm not sure what this all means but my main question was, "Is Justin ok and is he healthy." Answer simply put was, yes. It is looking more and more like a c-section is going ot happen and earlier than my due date. So, Grandma Hawes, you might have your wish of him coming while you are visiting at the end of the month. I will find out more after my appointment next Wednesday and after the blood work and another ultrasound. Sigh....I'll definately keep everyone posted! In the meantime pray for us! :)

No comments: